4.10.2011

Day 5--Holla at your boy

Well this post is only a little late..... Oops.

Music! I could talk forever about music because there's so much great stuff out there. I think I'm more of a 'favorite song' type of person, meaning I love specific songs and will listen to them over and over but don't like anything else the band does. But to make this a little easier and more general, I'll just pick a few bands that I do love pretty much everything they do.



  • Mae-- Specifically this song right now. I love Mae. Not just an amazing band but really great and giving people too. Go here.

  • John Mayer--I could listen to him all day. I know a lot of people think he's pretty jerky, but he is just SO talented. I especially love his Live in LA album, he has such great range. Probably one of my top 5 fav songs is the Heart of Life. Makes me cry sometimes; just a beautiful message. He is kind of hard to watch sing...I will be honest.

  • Maroon 5--Adam Levine has an interesting voice. Kinda high. I like it. This is a great cover. Side note, I don't like Alicia Keys but I love this cover.

  • Michael Buble-- There's a story to the reason I love older music and why I listen to it when I do the dishes. But it's for another time. I love his voice, yum!

And here are some of my favorite songs at the moment. I will listen to them until I get completely sick of them and can't listen to them for like a year. (example, The Audition. Love them but too soon) I listen to the radio a LOT so they get stuck in my head.



  • Boom--Snoop Dog ft. T-Pain. BOOM SHAKA LAKA!

  • Imogen Heap--Goodnight and Go

  • Rihanna--What's my name?

  • Kesha--Blow

  • Matthew Morrison--Make it real

  • Coldplay--Yellow

I also love soundtracks. Sleepless in Seattle is my very favorite.


On some other unrelated notes...


Yesterday Eric and I went and saw this


Arthur. It was really funny and enjoyable. Russell Brand and that dang Helen Mirren are great. She hosted SNL last week too, pretty good.


Anyway while I was at the movie theater I saw some exciting news.....

I LOOOOVE Tim Gunn and he's coming to Salt Lake!! Eric and I like to watch Project Runway and he is just the best. This is a little clip of him with some of the season 5 contestants. He is so proper and his vocabulary is very tasteful-so great. Hmm...what should I wear?

And one more exciting piece of news....


Eric and I have bid for our London Olympic tickets for next year! We should find out this month which games we hopefully get to attend. SO excited!! We have also been planning out our trip to Europe for next year and can't wait. London, Scotland, France are the plans so far. Any tips?


Well until next time Make it Work!


1 comment:

  1. Holla at your boy. haha I can hear you saying it as I read this. Makes my life.

    ReplyDelete